Aesthetic Drift #10: Why I Go to AWP
Aesthetic Drift #10 by Shawn McKee Why I Go to AWP Los Angeles is a metropolis unlike any other. After I got kicked out of a bar for allegedly being too drunk, I could have been back home in Orlando for all I knew. But I wasn’t in Orlando, I was somewhere else—a magical land of… Continue reading
21st Century Brontë #16: On Deciding to Pursue an MFA in Creative Writing
21st Century Brontë #16 by Brontë Bettencourt On Deciding to Pursue an MFA in Creative Writing So for AWP 2016 I had one serious goal in mind: research grad schools. In the past I’ve spent my time darting between panels with a quiver of pens and a notebook bought just for that convention. But after reading… Continue reading
On Top of It #3: Don’t Let EL James Ruin Fanfic
On Top of It #3 by Lisa Martens Don’t Let EL James Ruin Fanfic I’m not a fan of the Twilight or Fifty Shades franchises, but I can appreciate that Fifty came from fanfiction, because I think there is a great community around fanfiction, and it’s constantly dissed and ignored, no matter how much it… Continue reading
The Drunken Odyssey is a forum to discuss all aspects of the writing process, in a variety of genres, in order to foster a greater community among writers.
- Comics Are Trying to Break Your Heart #226: Not Spilled Enough
- Episode 579: A Roundtable Discussion of Jodi Picault’s The Storyteller, with Samantha Nickerson and Chelsea Alice
- The Curator of Schlock #420: The Stepfather
- Video: Joy Baglio’s Residency Farewell Reading at The Kerouac Project of Orlando.
- Episode 578: Bob Kealing!