Versify #1: Brian Turner’s Here, Bullet
Versify #1 by Monica Wendel In Brian Turner’s Here, Bullet (Alice James Books, 2005) some people don’t die, exactly; they are evaporated, or disappear as if they never existed, moving not from living to not-living but from something to nothing “as if even the idea of them were being / destroyed, stripped of form.” For this blog,… Continue reading
Episode 49: Monica Wendel (Redux)!
Episode 49 of The Drunken Odyssey, your favorite podcast about creative writing, literature, and drinking, is available on iTunes, or right click here to download. On this week’s show, I interview my friend, the poet Monica Wendel, who is in residency at The Kerouac House, plus Chelsey Clammer writes about Marya Hornbacher’s Madness. Texts Discussed Notes Two great… Continue reading
The Drunken Odyssey is a forum to discuss all aspects of the writing process, in a variety of genres, in order to foster a greater community among writers.
- Episode 579: A Roundtable Discussion of Jodi Picault’s The Storyteller, with Samantha Nickerson and Chelsea Alice
- The Curator of Schlock #420: The Stepfather
- Video: Joy Baglio’s Residency Farewell Reading at The Kerouac Project of Orlando.
- Episode 578: Bob Kealing!
- The Curator of Schlock #419: Run All Night