The Rogue’s Guide to Shakespeare on Film #72: Richard III (2016)
72. Dominic Cooke’s Richard III (2016) This rogue who reviews Shakespeare films for you, dear readers, gets jaded sometimes. I expect these films to be good. Not just un-terrible, but quite seriously good. Henry VI Parts 1-3 were so good on The Hollow Crown that I approached its Richard III with some sense of crankiness.… Continue reading
The Rogue’s Guide to Shakespeare on Film #71: Henry VI Parts 2 & 3 (2016)
71. Dominic Cooke’s Henry VI Parts 2 & 3 (2016) Season 2, episode 1 of “The Hollow Crown” ends somewhere in the middle of Henry VI, Part 2. Our callow King Henry VI was expecting to oversee the trial of Humphrey, Lord Protector of England, only to learn that Humphrey was—ummm—assassinated in the Tower. In his… Continue reading
The Drunken Odyssey is a forum to discuss all aspects of the writing process, in a variety of genres, in order to foster a greater community among writers.
- Comics Are Trying to Break Your Heart #217: We Used to Call it Elseworlds
- Episode 569: Lydia Millet, interview by David James Poissant!
- Comics Are Trying to Break Your Heart #216: The Road to Suplex City is Paved with Bodies
- The Perfect Life #52
- Episode 568: A Conversation about Albert Camus’s “The Guest” with Chelsea Alice