The Lists #26 by Patrick Jehle
- Take yams out of cryogenic yam storage.
- Contemplate your failures and sins.
- Peel yams.
- Remove any unsightly spots by digging them out.
- If a spot gets bigger as you dig, keep digging.
- Dig, donkey!
- The hole will get bigger and darker. Do not look directly at it or obey its commands. Do not give it succor.
- Hey, who wants marshmallows?
- Keep digging. Push past the pain.
- I want my childhood back.
Patrick Jehle (Episode 16) is a writer from Brooklyn living in Chicago. Don’t let him in your kitchen.