The Rogue’s Guide to Shakespeare on Film #40: Cymbeline (2014)
40. Michael Almereyda’s Cymbeline (2014) With his Hamlet, Michael Almereyda demonstrated some interesting interpretive choices marred by casting a mawkish, mumbling Ethan Hawke as Hamlet, and Ethan Hawke Ethan Hawked the shit out of that shitty film. With his Cymbeline, Michael Almereyda demonstrated some astoundingly feeble tawdry interpretive choices marred even further by casting a… Continue reading
The Rogue’s Guide to Shakespeare on Film #37: Hamlet (2000)
37. Michael Almereyda’s Hamlet (2000) When it comes to presenting Shakespeare well on film, sometimes it just isn’t enough to be a pretentious twat. Baz Luhrman has proven that once, and Michael Almereyda has proven that twice, the first time with Hamlet. This Hamlet stars a really goofy knit-cap. Underneath it, unfortunately for this movie,… Continue reading
The Drunken Odyssey is a forum to discuss all aspects of the writing process, in a variety of genres, in order to foster a greater community among writers.
- Comics Are Trying to Break Your Heart #217: We Used to Call it Elseworlds
- Episode 569: Lydia Millet, interview by David James Poissant!
- Comics Are Trying to Break Your Heart #216: The Road to Suplex City is Paved with Bodies
- The Perfect Life #52
- Episode 568: A Conversation about Albert Camus’s “The Guest” with Chelsea Alice