In Boozo Veritas #47: Mon Semblable, Mon Frère!
In Boozo Veritas #47 by Teege Braune Mon Semblable, Mon Frère! If there’s one trope every editor of mystery, suspense, and horror asks aspiring writers to quit using, it’s the multiple personality disorder twist-ending. You’ve seen it before, and odds are, you’ve seen it done well. Psycho, Fight Club, and Black Swan are some of the better forays into this sub-genre, and… Continue reading
Like a Geek God #18: Geeking Out on True Detective
Like a Geek God #18 by Mark Pursell Geeking Out on True Detective WARNING: contains mild spoilers through the end of Episode 7. Here’s a facet of my geekdom that I haven’t really addressed yet on this blog: crime fiction. Crime stories don’t usually come to mind when someone says the word “geek”, but there’s… Continue reading
The Drunken Odyssey is a forum to discuss all aspects of the writing process, in a variety of genres, in order to foster a greater community among writers.
- Comics Are Trying to Break Your Heart #226: Not Spilled Enough
- Episode 579: A Roundtable Discussion of Jodi Picault’s The Storyteller, with Samantha Nickerson and Chelsea Alice
- The Curator of Schlock #420: The Stepfather
- Video: Joy Baglio’s Residency Farewell Reading at The Kerouac Project of Orlando.
- Episode 578: Bob Kealing!