Episode 508: Laura Blackett & Eve Gleichman
Episode 508 of The Drunken Odyssey, your favorite podcast about creative writing and literature is available on Apple podcasts, stitcher, spotify, or click here to stream (right click to download, if that’s your thing). On today’s show, co-novelists Laura Blackett and Eve Gleichman talk about corporate cults, collaborative writing, and satire. Plus The Drunken Odyssey’s video producer Shawn… Continue reading
The Rogue’s Guide to Shakespeare on Film #41: Omkara [Othello] (2006)
41. Omkara [Othello] (2006) With the exception of The Tempest, the plots of Shakespeare’s plays are not actually original to him. What is original is the exceptional psychological depth that he granted the characters in these plays, and the exquisite language with which he chiseled their psychologies into existence. So when artists adapt Shakespeare onto film,… Continue reading
The Drunken Odyssey is a forum to discuss all aspects of the writing process, in a variety of genres, in order to foster a greater community among writers.
- Comics Are Trying to Break Your Heart #217: We Used to Call it Elseworlds
- Episode 569: Lydia Millet, interview by David James Poissant!
- Comics Are Trying to Break Your Heart #216: The Road to Suplex City is Paved with Bodies
- The Perfect Life #52
- Episode 568: A Conversation about Albert Camus’s “The Guest” with Chelsea Alice